Saturday, July 21, 2012

Praising God Through Life's Storms

Today's Reading: Psalm 67

May God be merciful and bless us.  May his face smile with favor on us.  May your ways be known throughout the earth, your saving power among people everywhere.  May the nations praise you, O God.  Yes, may all the nations praise you.  Let the whole world sing for joy, because you govern the nations with justice, and guide the people of the whole world.  may the nations praise you, O God.  Yes, may the nations praise you.  Then the earth will yield its harvests, and God, our God, will richly bless us.  Yes, God will bless us, and people all over the world will fear him.

     Talk about your love song to God--well here it is.  May we praise God like this through the storms of life and in the sunny days too.  My prayer for you today is that every day your heart may find something for which to sing God's praises: family, friends, love, health, home, food on your table, the grace of being forgiven--whatever it may be.  Praise God every day for what He is doing in your life even if what you praise Him for seems small to you, remember it is HUGE to Him.  God loves a thankful heart.

Power Verses:
I Thessalonians 5:16-18
Always be joyful.  Never stop praying.  Be thanful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

Words of Wisdom:
May the strength of God pilot me.  may the power of God perserve me.  May the wisdom of God instruct me.  May the hand of God protect me.  May the way of God direct me.  May the shield of God defend me. --Patrick of Ireland

Bear up the hands that hang down, by faith and prayer; support the tottering knees.  Storm the throne of grace and persevere therein, and mercy will come down. --John Wesley

No comments:

Post a Comment