Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Being A Back Seat Driver?

     Haven't written in almost a week.  I am not proud of that at all.  My last five days have been horrible ranging from computer problems, two sick children, getting sick myself and stress from setting up my business, whih I think is because I haven't been writing, reading my Bible  or praying.  We've been under SEVERE attack from Satan's forces.  Even today, I am sitting down to write at three in the afternoon.  I kept putting things ahead of my time with God.  Then I sit here and ask forgiveness and for blessings when I can't even give him the beginning of my day let alone a few minutes of prayer during the day.  No wonder my days have been difficult.
     I have been voluntarily walking alone.  Not that God has abandoned me, rather I have abandoned Him.  To be honest, if I was God, I would be so utterly angry at me.  But you know, I can still feel His love in my heart despite how I yelled at Him and complained all week.  We are blessed so far beyond what we deserve.  I want to say "I want to change and be better, be the person He wants me to be, made me to be."  But it would be just another longing I would fail at, another promise I can't keep. 
     You know what, this time I want God to change me.  I want Him to take the wheel of my life and drive.  I just want to sit back and enjoy the ride instead of being a back seat driver.  I want to be the little child strapped in the car seat of His love and just enjoy the scenery. Today, this control freak lets go and gives God the wheel.
     He only wants what is best for us, so much better than what we want or can even imagine for ourselves.

Power Verses:

Jeremiah 31:3
Long ago the Lord said to Israel: "I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love.  With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself."

Proverbs 16:1-3
We can make our own plans but the Lord gives the right answer.  People may be pure in their own eyes but the Lord examines their motives.  Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed.

Psalm 68: 19-20
Praise the Lord, God our savior!  For each day he carries us in his arms.  Our God is a God who saves!  The Soverign Lord rescues us from death.

No comments:

Post a Comment