Sunday, March 17, 2013

Would It Matter?

First of all, HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! Make sure to wear green today so you don't get pinched.
     Today, I want to simply share something I read on a Christian blog I am subscribed to. 
      Let me begin by telling you how my week went.  My husband's schedule at work got shifted around and we were planning our vacation for the end of the month.  So needless to say, it was a little dramatic in our house for a few days until that got worked out because we thought we weren't gonna be able to go on vacation.  We always go home to Louisiana where we are originally from for our vacation in order to see the majority of our family who still lives there.  So after that was worked out then I had to rearrange my "schedule" for cleaning the house and packing everything for vacation in order to get everything done that I thought needed to get done by the time we were to leave.  Moving things around once I have a plan seems to always stress me out.  Then I had a craft project, a full-sized throw, I am trying to finish for a client before we go.  So needless to say, my plate was overflowing as well as my stress level. 
      That is when I came across the blog.  I wasn't really in a mood to read anything inspiring.  I was simply checking my emails like I do every day and saw the blog update in my inbox.  I felt lead to check it out.  So I did and this is what it said, I am of  course paraphrasing, "Is it gonna matter a year from now?"  I know that seems a little odd but let me explain.  The blog went on to say that if you looked at your situations now and viewed them as if from the past, like you were sitting here a year from now and thinking about them, what would they matter?  Would the fact that you didn't get your house spotless before you left for vacation really matter?  Would it matter that you forgot to pack something for vacation?  Would it matter what happened on your birthday a year ago?  So that got me to thinking.  Better than "would it matter?" is "will I hold onto what happened and give it cause to matter?" like holding onto a grudge. 
      I have found that with this outlook I am enjoying my family more, stressing less and finding more time in my day to do what I love because I am letting things go or at least trying to. 

     My challenge for you today is look at the things in your life that seem to be stressing you out and ask yourself, 'Will it matter a year from now?"

Hope you have a wonderfully blessed St. Patty's Day and know that God loves you and so do I <3

No comments:

Post a Comment